Over the last decade, Marvel Cinematic Universe has been on a winning streak. Operating in highly competitive landscape of movie franchises disrupted by streaming business models, they were able to create a successful organization. One that consistently delivered blockbusters pleasing audiences and critics alike. Together with my colleagues and friends Spencer H. Harrison (INSEAD) and Arne Carlsen (BI Norwegian Business School) we delved into research trying to understand inputs, process and output creating innovation at Marvel. In the article published at Harvard Business Review we argue that organizations that would like to create innovation universes, a portfolios of creative products linked to and sufficiently distinct from each other, need to find imaginative ways of balancing continuity and renewal. In other words, for innovation we need both change and stability! Enjoy the read.
- A video interview with Miha (Tromba, in Slovenian language).
- A video interview with Spencer (HBR Videos).
- A podcast with Spencer (HBR Ideacast).
- An interview with Miha (Svet Kapitala, in Slovenian).
- An interview with Miha (The Slovenia Times, in English).
You must be logged in to post a comment.